Sunday, 31 August 2008

mOOdy Merdeka... :s

Hey, the whole night was spend on thinking where to heed, came out late & went to Cyberjaya if there's any fireworks leftover. I told my 'rents but they don't believe me it was announced on FLY that yesterday was the last night. Should they do it as today's the last night as more appropriate-the Eve. Duh~! Found nobody there in Putrajaya & Cyberjaya, only 2-3 guys with tripod trying their luck.

Whatever! We ate dinner at Ming Chu(my chinesse name!) in Equine Park & still contemplating where to go for the national day celebration?!?!

I just came back from the trip passed through KL Pavillion & Berjaya Times Square, where people came out on foot to await the countdown. But within 2 minutes managed to get out of that place to a nearby spot to park the car & set up the tripod. Me and my family (my dad, mom & bro-sis missed out as usual) stopped at the Jln Maharajalela if I could remember infront of "the Pearl@KLCC" showrroom office. It was quite empty spot, only another car family was parked there. Pavillion should open up for some midnight high fashion shopping!

Gosh, where's the party? Seriously, didn't spot any flags stick on cars. Only some foreigners, young adults & thrashy youths came out looking for the party. Nobody's in the mood to party I guess this year coz there's no "traffic jam-bottleneck-choked up" as expected though like how my major last public celebration in Singapore for the New Year 2008. There's the police trucks & a few traffic cops. But seriously too little people on the street 'til a drive passed through & decided to go to a nearby quiet spot instead.

So, everyone looked on at the twin towers awaiting the fireworks. Not! It's on the other side nearby Times Square instead with a short around 2 minuetes display?! OK, so tried out the SLR & tripod not needed. It was better last year at the Putrajaya.
Get some shots, finish, get yelled over by a bunch of apartment guys, "Baliklah, dah habis!", say "Happy Merdeka!" in the cheesiest way to anybody passed by, get in the car & drove back home. Oh, it's a simple one this year or not I couldn't get into the capital especially on this time of year on other years. So, it's my 1st time drove into KL on national eve day. Nobody wished me yet. A few texts send out by me but I guessed they all rather sleep today. BooHoo! [waved the jalur gemilang alone anyways]

Next time, I'll throw my own party! The best is still those private parties! Too bad, my friends balik kampung this semester break-let them hang with their family for the national day.

Oh yes, there was a Mat Rempits gathering at the Shell on Sungai Besi highway as we passed by on the way home. Come on, let them show their support! (on taking over the streets on our national day :S)(they are not having any flag also)50 guys, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment